Monday, July 21, 2014

Inspiration!

Looking back on this summer- I've graduated from college with my Bachelor's in Early Childhood Education, moved back to my home town, gotten a job at a WONDERFUL elementary school as a first grade teacher, worked hard at my summer job and spent hours and hours planning, creating and thinking about my very first classroom ever.

The pinteresting, cutting, pasting, laminating, painting and printing have taken over! Countless trips to craft stores and Target have kept me busy with creating a wonderful classroom environment for my first kiddos! 

I. am. almost. there. 

With all that in mind I've come to realize how incredibly happy it makes me to create. The giddy feeling of finishing a project that has been bouncing around in my brain is a huge reward for me. So- I've created a blog to share with family, friends, and other strangers about how much fun and enjoyment come out of crafting, secrets I've learned and areas of improvement.


The inspiration for the name comes from Barney Saltzberg's book- Beautiful Oops! A concept I have run into after many many years of creating- the best projects come out of multiple mistakes! Although they are ever frustrating they teach us how to do it better, how to plan, measure and take a deep breath when things don't go as planned. 

When you think you have made a mistake, think of it as an opportunity to make something beautiful
The more you do- the more room for beautiful oopsies! And that's just how it goes :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment